11.8.17

a pleasant little surprise

  Happy Friday! It's been a long week here, but a... well, an efficient one. There's been a lot of work going on, construction wise, so it's been busy. But somehow I've found moments to write to you, friend. 


  So, today I gound a pleasant little surprise in my inbox. Thank you so much, Esther, for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. This made me super happy considering that I really do like making people happy and happiness is sunshine and for her to nominate for being a little ray of sunshine, than yes, that means wildflowers to me. Thank you so much, E!


Esther gave me questions to answer, and after I do, I make up new questions for those that I nominate. I'll spare you the bullet list of rules. 



Here are my answers. :)

What song were you listening to last?
I'm actually listening to music right now! I havn't really listened to his music lately, but I'm listening to Talk of The Town, by Jack Johnson. It calms me down when I'm stressed. (Which I'm not currently, but I was, well, before I turned the music on. :) )

Who was the last person you spoke to?
My little sisters. She was about to grab a wet paint roller. Two and four, the four-year-old is very responsible and made sure I knew what the two-year-old was doing. All while the eleven-year-old is konked out of the floor, getting trampled by the two, sleeping. 

What was the last word you spoke, backwards?
It was a mix between "NO!" and "If mom and dad found out--"... so... on and tuo dnuof dad dna mom fi.

Who is the last person you said Thank You to?

My mom and dad. They just left to get gallons of paint for the kitchen and my room. :)

When was the last time a stranger did something nice for you?
Well, when I was walking through the store, looking for pain samples, I told a woman my parent's age (who was in front of me) that she had BEAUTIFUL red hair, and that it looked amazing with her outfit. She started to tear up a little and told me that that made her day, and that of course, made my day. Other than that, Evangeline and RubixCube commented on my last post and that really encouraged me. :)

Who last made you smile?
  With all honesty, I havn't smiled in a long time. Things have been so hectic these peast few days, and I've just been surviving it. So, actually, God was the last one. I was praying this afternoon when everything seemed to be going wrong... and then I just felt better because I knew He would take care of me. So I smiled. Because I KNEW it was going to get better.

What was the last thing you drank?
  A candle-turned-glass-jar-used-for-a-cup full of cold water. :)

WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE BLOGGER?
  If I want encouragment in the Lord, Leigh Anne and Melani are my favorite.



And here are my questions. ;)

  • What gives you the most joy?
  • What is your favorite type of tea/coffee?
  • Who was the last person you made laugh?
  • Define yourself in ten words or less!
  • Which of the following are you: soft and happy and light in coloring and clothing, OR soft and flowy and relaxed in clothing and coloring, OR sharp and warm-colored and textured in clothing and coloring, OR strictly bold in coloring and very black and white for clothing. 
  • What are your favorite things?
  • What is the most beautiful thing you can imagine?
  • Your perfect (real or not real) place? i.e. a coffee shop, a cool, ventilated room, a fresh hotel room, the kitchen, a magical realm that doesn't exist (in that case, describe it!). Whatever it is, describe it.
And I nominate Melani and Anika Joy. Melani, you're blog is such a blessing to me, and I appreciate it more than anything. And Anika, you're my GIRL! You're so amazing and grown-up. The world needs more of both of you. :) You both are just the best. 

Thank you, again, Esther, for nominating me for this. It made me happy, putting me in that little place of mind that is quiet, relaxed, and real.

I hope you all have an AMAZING weekend, and please pray that we get our Home Projects done, and that God gives my parents peace and keep them relaxed since my mom has to stay away with the kids because, you know, little ones around paint rollers, as I mentioned earlier. ;)

With love, Allie :)





12 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! I love your answers. You sound like you have a great family!
    Thanks so much for the nomination and your sweet words of encouragement!
    Many blessings!
    Melani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, Melani! (And thank you for stopping by!) Well, I'd say we're a work in progress. ;) Yes, of course! You and you're blog really are a blessing to me. You encourage me to dress modest when the culture says otherwise. You definitly encourage me in the Lord, too. You are just a great great GREAT example of what a woman after God's own heart should act and look like, and I need to be more like you on that subject. ;)
      Have an fun weekend, Melani!

      With Love, Allie

      Delete
  2. FANTASIC POST, ALLZIE!!!! I'M GLAD YOU HAD FUN WITH THIS!!!!
    You really are amazing, dearest! Good luck with the painting!!! What colors are you doing???
    LOVE FROM YOUR SISTER,
    ~E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH, E!!!!!!!!!! I DID I DID I DID!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR NOMINATING ME!
      I don't even know what to say! Thank you!!! But let us, civilized ladies, admit it... I got it all from you. ;) And thanks, we need it!!!! The color we're doing in my room is called Gentle Cream by Benjamin Moore. It's beautiful, and a cool-toned color. It's really nice, versus the old green that is currently up right now. Which you've seen, I think...
      THAT MAKES ME SOOOO HAPPY WHENEVER YOU SAY THAT!

      With love, Allie ;)

      Delete
  3. Lovely post, Allie! I enjoyed reading it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, Zane! That's so kind of you to say!

      With love, Allie ;)

      Delete
  4. lol, gotta love siblings. :D Your little sisters sound adorable.

    It's amazing when you're able to make someone's day like that! That was very nice of you to tell the woman you liked her hair and outfit. A little kindness goes a long way!

    I'm sorry to hear you've been stressed out quite a bit lately, Allie. Life will be life, I suppose. But it sounds like you've got lots of exciting things going on, even if they've been hard on you. I also apologize for not being around here much recently. I've got like 7 posts of yours from months ago that I meant to comment on, but being the terrible commenter that I am, it never happened lol..

    All the best to you and your family! Best of luck with those home projects, too. :)

    (Tagged you for the Early Writings Tag, by the way, if you're up for it sometime!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. ;) Thank you!!! Aw, well, I have to agree, they are pretty sweet.

      I KNOW! (not ME making someone's day, but when ANYONE in general can) It's REALLY amazing how easily a couple of words can mean so much so someone... and that can be both bad and good. :\

      That's okay!!! I'm realizing that I am letting the Enemy win when I give into stress. I have to choose Joy. Not to say that I won't be stressed again, but I can choose. And yes, life WILL be life. And unfortunatly, the Devil will try to make it as hard as possible for everyone. We just have to choose to have Faith in the Lord that He will a) help us b) make it worth it. And we have to also, as I said a moment ago, choose joy. ;)
      But you're right!!! It's been SO much fun, and it's SO worth it. The house, though it look AWESOME before, looks good to have a more beachy look. And my room, though it DID look relly good, the color scheme was just getting old and new colors is great. The tones were a bit warmer before, and now we're going for cooler, more refreshing tone. Gentle Cream by Bejamin Moore is what I'm using in my room, and it is AMAZING. AND DON'T WORRY! You are amazing, and commenting is so just NOTHING compared to everything you have to do. I don't comment unless it's just like "YESSSSS", and it REALLY saves me time and stresses me out less.

      Why thank you! And may the Lord give you peace, day by day!

      And AGAIN WOW thanks for tagging me!!! People seem to like the tags... so I guess I'll keep doing them! And I'm super greatful! Thank you so much!

      With love, Allie ;)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for nominating me!! I loved all your answers. And XD YES SIBLINGS. There should be a language just for little sibs. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anika! Oh, you're so welcome! Why thank you. ;)

      With love, Allie ;)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you, Maddy! Thank you for stopping by!

      With love, Allie ;)

      Delete